This is a blog dedicated to traveling, photography, and all the odd happenings that occur in between.
First was Vietnam: a 2000 kilometer solo motorcycle journey from Hanoi to Ho Chi Minh City undertaken in 2011, written in daily journal accounts.
Presently I'm writing about India and Myanmar. Nothing chronological here; just a random stringing together of events and places that have left their dusty imprint on my heart and mind.

Vietnam~ Day 2 - Hanoi

 Hanoi has these 'bia hoi' stalls-- corners packed with kindergarten sized tables and stools that spill further and further out into the street as the night carries on.
 The cheap swill comes at 5,000 Dong a glass, or 25 cents. From as early as 7 a.m. ( and maybe even earlier) old men sit and down this flaxen mess like the piss flavored water it is while toking on tobacco out of bamboo bongs.
Last night's drunken migration pattern, from various corner to corner with a few other travelers 'till my feet began to drag, and dawn began to break, had me sweating stink bullets today while I searched for the elusive Russian Minsk that I plan to ride down the coast.
A cell in the infamous 'Hanoi Hilton

No comments:

Post a Comment